Let us make your Winters a Thrill !
- Tour Itinerary
- Inclusions & Exclusions
One of the most breathtaking places one can ever visit, Spiti Valley is as majestic as it is thrilling. Spiti Valley is a definite on just about every passionate traveller’s list, and though most only choose to visit in the summer or autumn months, this is because of a common misconception that winters tend to isolate Spiti, leaving it completely inaccessible. In actuality, only some parts of Spiti are out of bounds during the winter while the road from Shimla to Kaza is open almost throughout the year! This spell-binding, lush and rugged utopia is a must visit during the winter months for absolutely everyone just to see such beauty amplified with a pure white blanket of snow; and what better time to witness the rich local culture and way of life in its element as it has existed for centuries. To watch the sunrise in the crisp morning air, to experience temperatures well below freezing (temperatures in Spiti are known to have fallen to -40°C), to have a hot cup of tea at India’s last dhaba, to bask in the serenity of the august monasteries, to be a part of such an imposing natural expanse is an experience like no other. So, what will you be doing this winter?
Key Monastery – Komik – Hikkim – Langza
Shimla and Departure
No details found.
Day 1: Arrive in Shimla
Your PlanArrive in Shimla, and report to the hotel where our representatives will be waiting for you. You can get some rest once you’ve checked in followed by an orientation and tour briefing later. Enveloped by lush, forested hillsides, Shimla exhibits unparalleled natural beauty and is popularly known as the ‘Queen of Hill Stations’. You have the day to yourself. Today is relaxed and primarily for you to get acclimatized to the cold weather. If you like, you can go for a stroll in the evening and catch sight of the magnificent colonial buildings of the city. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel.
Day 2: Shimla to Sangla
Your PlanStart your day with a sublime view of the sunrise. You head towards Sangla after breakfast (around 8 am). Encompassed by evergreen forests and snow-covered peaks, Sangla Valley is one of the most enchanting valleys in Kinnaur district and is dotted with several attractions. Once you check in at your hotel, you have some time before you leave for Kamru village, a historic tourist attraction offering stunning views of the mighty Himalayas. You will also be visiting the magnificent Kamru fort here, which is known for its tower-style architecture and intricate wooden carvings. Dinner and stay for the night will be at Sangla.
Day 3: Sangla to Nako
Your PlanToday, you depart for Nako after breakfast. Located at an altitude of 3625 m in the Kinnaur district, Nako is a popular tourist destination owing to its tranquility. Surrounded by brown and native hills, it serves as the perfect destination to capture some good shots! Nako Lake and the Nako Monastery are the famous attractions here. Check into the hotel and get some rest. Dinner and stay for the night is at Nako.
Day 4: Nako to Kaza
Your PlanBegin the day’s journey after breakfast with your first stop for the day at Giu Village. Take a little detour to visit a small hamlet named Giu, to see the mummy of a Buddhist monk which is over 500-years old! Later visit, Tabo Monastery. Constructed in 996 AD, it is deemed to be the largest royal complex in the Spiti Valley. The similarity between its beautiful scriptures and extraordinary wall paintings and those of Ajanta and Ellora caves, has earned it the name ‘Himalayan Ajanta’. Later, you continue your journey on the Tabo-Spiti road to reach Kaza. Dinner and stay for the night will be at Kaza.
Day 5: Key - Langza - Hikkim - Komik
Your PlanToday, post breakfast, gear up for one of the most exhilarating fragments of the tour. You will be visiting Key Monastery, the largest monastery of Spiti Valley located at an altitude of 4166 m. Next, you drive towards the frosty-white village of Langza, which is known to be a treasure house of fossils of marine plants and animals followed by Hikkim to see the world’s highest post office and finally Komik, the village that holds repute for being the highest motorable village in the world! Before heading back to Kaza. Dinner and stay for the night will be at Kaza.
Day 6: Kaza to Kalpa
Your PlanAfter breakfast, you depart for Kalpa. The day’s journey has a multitude of scenic landscapes, snowy mountain peaks, quaint villages and the crisp winter air in store for you, ending with warm and cozy group bonfire at night!
Day 7: Kalpa
Your PlanToday will be a relaxing day for you. After breakfast, visit the famous suicide point at Roghi known for its sharp slope and menacing trench. As you continue onward, catch a glimpse of the glorious Kinnaur Kailash Peak, known to be the abode of Lord Shiva. You then visit the Hu-Bu-Lan-Kar monastery, the newly-constructed Durga temple and the beautiful Narayan-Nagini Temple. Evening is at leisure. Dinner and stay for the night will be at Kalpa.
Day 8: Shimla (Departure)
Your PlanYou start your journey for the day after breakfast. Travel back to Shimla and you will be dropped at Shimla bus Stand. We will surely miss you until we see you again!
- Accommodation on triple occupancy/ double occupancy (as per the plan purchased) in hotels and camps as per the itinerary.
- Breakfast and dinner every day (Breakfast Not included in Day 1).
- Dedicated HM Tour Captain.
- Oxygen Cylinder and First-Aid Kit throughout the journey in case of Emergency.
- Spiti sightseeing in SUV/ MUV/ Self Driven (as per package Purchased).
- All sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Bonfire nights.
- Driver allowances, Toll Tax, SUV Parking Charges and Road Tax.
- Lifetime memories.
- Any air/ train/ volvo bus fares to Shimla or from Shimla. Best fares, available on request.
- Extra meal other than mentioned in the plan. Breakfast on Day 1 is not included.
- Fuel – For Own Car Package
- Woolen Clothes or Accessories
- Any Activities cost, unless mentioned in inclusions.
- Personal expenses including Insurance, porterage, tips, laundry, etc.
- Any entry fees in Monuments and Monasteries.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances like cancellation or delay in flight/landslides/strike/roadblocks or any natural calamity, Charges to be paid by the traveller.
- Medical and transportation expenses in case of emergencies.
- Any kind of expense for lost/ misplaced / theft of personal belongings.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- 5% GST.
Package (Mode of Transport)
Cost (Per Person)
Tempo Traveller (SIC Basis)
1. The above mentioned cost is per person cost.
2. Room Sharing on the above mentioned cost is on Triple Sharing Basis. For Double Sharing an additional amount (depending upon the Package Type) will be charged extra.
3. Above mentioned Price is only for Indian Nationals.
4. For Bike Package, we advice you have proper safety gears for both rider and pillion.
5. If you're looking to explore the destination with your own gang, we'll be happy to curate a customised Travel Plan for you!
6. 5% GST Extra.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing