Sach Pass – A Ride for Thrill Seekers
A Ride to one of the most Difficult Roads in the World!
- Tour Itinerary
- Inclusions & Exclusions
Sach Pass, an extravaganza of adventure and pristine natural beauty, is one of the most difficult and dangerous passes in North India. With roads that are unwelcoming to novice drivers and bone-chilling temperatures, a trip to Sach Pass speaks to the thrill seeker in all of us.
The tour commences in Chandigarh with the first day reserved for bike testing and exploring the city. The next day sees you leaving for Dharamshala, the imperial city wrapped in spirituality. You visit Dalhousie, a well-known hill station of Himachal followed by Khajjiar, stylised as the ‘mini Switzerland of India’ on the third day. Your next stop is Chamba with its regal culture and grand architecture. The fifth day is an absolute adrenaline rush as it finds you crossing the treacherous Sach pass (located at a height of about 14,500 ft) into Killar followed by Udaipur the next day. The journey continues to Tandi on the seventh day while the eight day has you travel to Manali via the impossibly scenic Rohtang pass. The next day leaves you to explore Manali, one of the most fascinating tourist spots while the tour culminates on the tenth day as you depart for Delhi.
To meander through hidden pristine valleys and towering pine forests, crossing gushing streams and treading treacherous tracks under the clear blue skies – undoubtedly, the Sach Pass bike trip is replete with experiences that stimulate and delight any adventurer and is a motorcycle expedition like no other!
Arrive in Chandigarh
Dalhousie and Khajjiar
Killar via Sach Pass
Manali via Rohtang Pass
No details found.
Day 1: Arrive in Chandigarh
Your PlanArrive in Chandigarh and report to the hotel where our representatives will be waiting for you. You can get some rest once you’ve checked in followed by an orientation and tour briefing later. You will then be introduced to your bikes for a test-ride. You have the rest of the day to indulge; explore one of the best-planned cities in the world, go boating in Sukhna lake or shop to your heart’s content. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel.
Day 2: Chandigarh to Dharamshala
Your PlanAfter breakfast, you begin your journey from Chandigarh to Dharamshala. Celebrated as the Holy Residence of the Dalai Lama, Dharamshala is located on the edge of the Himalayas and encompassed by cedar forests. Along the way, you witness some spectacular views of the lush valleys and snowy mountains. Once you reach the hotel, you can take some rest and spend the evening exploring this serene hillside city. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel.
Day 3: Dharamshala - Dalhousie - Khajjiar
Your PlanThis is one of the most scenic legs of the tour. You leave from Dharamshala after breakfast for your first stop of the day - Dalhousie, one of the most immaculate hill stations of Himachal Pradesh. Spread across 5 hills near the Dhauladhar mountain range, it boasts majestic colonial-era buildings, misty wild mountains, flowering meadows and some of the most panoramic sights in the world. After exploring Dalhousie, you continue your journey towards Khajjiar, popularly known as ‘mini-Switzerland of India.’ Located at an altitude of 6500 ft. above sea level, this small picturesque saucer-shaped plateau exhibits unparalleled beauty and offers many fun activities for adventure lovers like paragliding, horse riding, zorbing, etc! Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel in Khajjiar.
Day 4: Enroute Chamba
Your PlanYou begin your journey for Chamba after breakfast today. The narrow road and steep uphill curves through the dense forests make for a truly thrilling ride. Along the way you cross the beautiful Chamera Lake before arriving at your destination. Known for its exquisite natural beauty, Chamba is a must visit! Filled with historical landmarks, magnificent temples and majestic palaces, these monuments are an ode to Chamba’s rich culture and legacy. With enough and more to explore and visit, this city is a traveller’s haven. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel in Chamba.
Day 5: Chamba to Killar via Sach Pass
Your PlanToday, you embark on a real adventure - you head to Killar from Chamba via the Sach Pass! Located at a height of about 14,500 ft., this is one of the most breathtaking, difficult and adventurous passes to cross in North India. Get ready for an absolute adrenaline rush! The narrow road is rough and steep with numerous bends, twists and muddy patches making for an exhilarating ride. The pass is only open from mid-June to mid-October since it is covered in snow for the rest of the year. The panoramic views of the valley and mountainside from the pass are a stunning sight making Sach pass the perfect destination for adventure seekers. You cross the pass to reach Killar where you will be staying for the night.
Day 6: Killar to Udaipur
Your PlanToday brings with it yet another hair-raising adventure. The road from Killar to Udaipur is an extremely dangerous one. At times you ride on the edge of a narrow, unpaved road with a straight drop of thousands of feet to the valley below! The road takes you across Pangi Valley, through many beautiful villages, along multiple waterfalls and various water crossings. This is yet again one of the most enchanting rides one can experience. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel in Udaipur.
Day 7: Udaipur to Tandi
Your PlanAfter breakfast, you begin another picturesque trip. The journey takes you through many remote villages and along serpentine roads to reach Tandi. Tandi itself, offers a striking view of the confluence between the Chandra and Bhaga rivers and also has the last gas station on the Manali-Leh highway. Dinner and stay for the night is at our hotel in Tandi.
Day 8: Tandi to Manali via Rohtang Pass
Your PlanGear up for the most adventurous excursion of the trip. Your departure post breakfast sees you first passing Khoksar, a quaint village on the banks of the Chandra river. Going forward, you get a spell-binding view of the valley and mountains as you head across Rohtang Pass - the Gateway to Lahaul and Spiti Valley*! Featured in several Bollywood films like Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani and Jab We Met, this pass is truly impressive and is sure to leave you speechless. You reach Manali by the evening, where we will be waiting to celebrate with a farewell party! Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel. *Kindly note, we will not be going to Spiti Valley during this Tour.
Day 9: Explore Manali
Your PlanYou have the day to yourself. Explore Manali, which has numerous places to visit and offers a number of things to do. You can go for a beautiful trek to Jogni waterfalls, known for its spectacular view of the Beas river and snow-capped peaks or spend the day exploring the quirky cafes and warm german bakeries. In the evening, you can visit Mall Road for some shopping as well. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel.
Day 10: Departure
Your PlanThe tour reaches its end today, as you depart for Delhi from Manali in a Volvo bus with a plethora of amazing memories!
Day 10: Delhi
Your PlanReach Delhi in the morning. The Tour ends here. Good Bye :)
- Semi sleeper Volvo bus seat from Manali to Chandigarh/ Delhi.
- Accommodation on triple occupancy/ double occupancy (as per the plan purchased) in hotels and camps as per the itinerary.
- Breakfast and dinner every day (Breakfast Not included in Day 1 and Dinner not included on Day 10)
- Tour Guides.
- Dedicated HM Tour Captain.
- Oxygen Cylinder and First-Aid Kit throughout the journey in case of Emergency.
- Chandigarh – Sach Pass – Manali in SUV/ MUV / Bike (As per the Package Purchased)
- Helmets for both Rider and Pillion.
- Backup Vehicle and Bike Mechanic
- Fuel for Bikes
- All sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Bonfire nights.
- Farewell party.
- Driver allowances, Toll Tax, SUV Parking Charges and Road Tax.
- Environment fees and inner line permits (If any).
- Lifetime memories.
- Any air/ train/ volvo bus fares to Chandigarh or from Chandigarh/ Delhi. Best fares, available on request.
- Extra meal other than mentioned in the plan. (Breakfast Not included in Day 1 and Dinner not included on Day 10).
- Fuel for bikers opted for Own Bike Package
- Biking Gears (Gloves, Biking Jacket, Elbow or Knee Guards).
- Additional Activities cost, unless mentioned in inclusions.
- Airport Drop at Delhi
- Personal expenses including Insurance, porterage, tips, laundry, etc.
- Any entry fees in Monuments and Monasteries.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances like cancellation or delay in flight/landslides/strike/roadblocks or any natural calamity, Charges to be paid by the traveller.
- Medical and transportation expenses in case of emergencies.
- Any kind of expense for lost/ misplaced / theft of personal belongings.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- 5% GST.
Package (Mode of Transport)
Cost (Per Person)
SUV / Gypsy
1. The above mentioned cost is per person cost.
2. Room Sharing on the above mentioned cost is on Triple Sharing Basis. For Double Sharing an additional amount (depending upon the Package Type) will be charged extra.
3. Above mentioned Price is only for Indian Nationals.
4. For Bike Package, we advice you have proper safety gears for both rider and pillion.
5. If you're looking to explore the destination with your own gang, we'll be happy to curate a customised Travel Plan for you!
6. 5% GST Extra.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing