Get Leh’D with Sham Valley
Travel to the home of Last Aryans!
- Tour Itinerary
- Inclusions & Exclusions
Leh is one of the most famous desert cities located in the Himalayas. An extravaganza of culture, beauty and excitement, Leh is a highly sought-after holiday destination. To behold this stunning expanse and its rich heritage by road is truly an experience like no other!
You begin your journey exploring the local markets and sights of Leh city itself. The second day sees you visit a place steeped in history – Aryan Village. Home to the descendants of the three Aryan soldiers left behind by Alexander, this is one of the most surreal places one can visit. Your next stop will be Drass followed by Kargil. You head back to Leh on the fourth day and set out to explore the Nubra region on the fifth day. The fifth and sixth days take you to explore the untethered beauty of the Pangong Tso and the striking sand dunes of Hunder. You can also try out the numerous activities around this region and bear witness to some of the most breathtaking vistas ever. On the seventh day, you begin your journey back to Leh via the Khardung La pass – popular as one among the highest motorable passes in the world.
An unparalleled experience as you wander geographical highs and navigate the depths of natural beauty, culture and the arid mountainscapes of Leh, this should definitely be on everyone’s bucket list.
Arrival and Acclimatisation
Leh to Pangong Tso
Leh via Khardung La Pass
No details found.
Day 1: Arrival and Acclimatisation
UntitledPick up will be from Leh airport after which you will be taken to your hotel. Today is to get acclimated to the weather. Spend the day relaxing and explore the striking city in the evening. You can visit the local markets, Jama Masjid in the city centre, relish a cup of coffee at the german bakery and take a walk to Shanti Stupa for a stunning view of the sunset. *Please note - don’t exert yourself. If you feel tired at any point in the day, please head back to the hotel.
Day 2: Aryan Village
Your PlanYou will be travelling to Aryan Village after breakfast today. Hidden in the valleys, this cluster of villages adorned with splendid landscapes and full of green vegetation and tree plantations. The five villages in total - Dah, Hanu, Bheema, Garkon and Sanit - are the last Aryan settlements in India. Tourists are only allowed to visit Dah and Hanu and have the chance to explore the rich culture and history of the region. Dinner and stay for the night will be at our campsite in Aryan village.
Day 3: Explore Kargil
Your PlanYou depart for Kargil in the morning via Chiktan. Along the way you will also pass Drass, the second coldest, inhabited place in the world! Here, in extreme conditions, the temperature dips to a bone-chilling -60°C. You can visit the Drass War Memorial, a commemorative memorial for the brave soldiers and officers that laid down their lives during the Kargil War of 1999. Next, you visit the Mulbekh monastery to witness the majestic 30 feet long sculpture of Maitreya Buddha, made out of limestone. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel in Kargil.
Day 4: Enroute Leh
Your PlanBeginning the journey after breakfast, you cross the Namik La pass first followed by the Fotu La pass to reach your first stop for the day - Lamayuru monastery, the oldest and largest monastery in Ladakh. Lamayuru, a quaint village is stylized as Moonscape for the moonlike landscapes carved into the Himalayan Mountains. Once you reach Leh, you first visit Sangam, the magnificent confluence of the rivers Indus and Zanskar followed by visits to the Shanti, Stupa, War Memorial Hall of Fame, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib and the mysterious Magnetic Hill! If time permits, you can even visit the Spituk Monastery and the majestic Leh Palace. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel in Leh.
Day 5: Leh to Pangong Tso
Your PlanAfter breakfast, you set off on another exhilarating journey by SUV or Bikes (as per the package purchased) via the Chang La Pass, the world’s third highest motorable pass! You travel to Pangong Lake, situated at a height of 4350 metres above sea level, this is the world’s highest saltwater lake. With crystal clear waters, in every breathtaking shade of blue imaginable, this lake is one of the best attractions of Ladakh. Two-thirds of this lake lies in China while a third lies in India and it freezes completely during the winter months. Dinner and stay for the night will be at our campsite.
Day 6: Pangong Tso to Nubra Valley
Your PlanWitness the awe-inspiring sunrise over the Pangong lake to begin your day. Be sure to get some good pictures! After breakfast, you depart for Nubra Valley along the least travelled route. This route is along the Shyok Valley of the Shyok river. It is popularly known as the river of death since the route is a difficult one and hardly opted for. You reach Nubra Valley by late afternoon giving you a chance to enjoy the sand dunes in the cold desert of Hunder. Later that evening, you can even get a camel ride on the two-humped bactrian camels*. Dinner and stay for the night will be at Hunder. *Kindly note that the camel ride is optional and the cost for the same is not included in the package.
Day 7: Nubra Valley to Leh via Khardung La Pass
Your PlanWith each day bringing a new adventure, why should today be any different? Your first stop for the day will be the Diskit Monastery. The beautiful, milky-white monastery is the oldest and largest one in Nubra! You can also try the off-road thrill on an ATV in the desert!* Today’s exhilarating journey then takes you across Khardung La, which at about 5600 metres is one of the highest motorable passes in the world! Travel along North Pullu and Khardung village with a halt at North Pullu for lunch. You then continue onward to South Pullu and reach Leh by evening. Depending on the time you reach Leh, you have the opportunity to go shopping that evening. Dinner and stay for the night will be at the hotel in Leh. *ATV is optional. Cost for the same is not included in the package.
Day 8: Departure
Your PlanThe tour ends after breakfast today, with a host of beautiful memories of an unforgettable trip. You will be dropped to Leh airport at your convenience.
- Pickup and Drop from Leh Airport
- Accommodation on triple occupancy/ double occupancy (as per the plan purchased) in hotels and camps as per the itinerary.
- Breakfast and dinner every day (Breakfast not included on Day 1).
- Tour Guides.
- Dedicated HM Tour Captain.
- Oxygen Cylinder and First-Aid Kit throughout the journey in case of Emergency.
- Ladakh sightseeing in SUV/ MUV/ Bike – RE 500CC (as per package Purchased).
- Helmets for both Rider and Pillion.
- Complimentary fuel tank for bikers (1 tank per bike).
- Backup Vehicle and Bike Mechanic.
- All sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Bonfire nights.
- Driver allowances, Toll Tax, SUV Parking Charges and Road Tax.
- Environment fees and Inner Line Permits.
- Lifetime memories.
- Any air/ train/ volvo bus fares to Leh or from Leh. Best fares, available on request.
- Extra meal other than mentioned in the plan. Breakfast on Day 1 is not included.
- Fuel for bikers (the fuel is to be shared amongst the riders).
- Biking Gears (Gloves, Biking Jacket, Elbow or Knee Guards).
- Additional Activities cost, unless mentioned in inclusions.
- Personal expenses including Insurance, porterage, tips, laundry, etc.
- Any entry fees in Monuments and Monasteries.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances like cancellation or delay in flight/landslides/strike/roadblocks or any natural calamity, Charges to be paid by the traveller.
- Medical and transportation expenses in case of emergencies.
- Any kind of expense for lost/ misplaced / theft of personal belongings.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- 5% GST.
Package (Mode of Transport)
Cost (Per Person)
1. The above mentioned cost is per person cost.
2. Room Sharing on the above mentioned cost is on Triple Sharing Basis. For Double Sharing an additional amount (depending upon the Package Type) will be charged extra.
3. Above mentioned Price is only for Indian Nationals.
4. For Bike Package, we advice you have proper safety gears for both rider and pillion.
5. If you're looking to explore the destination with your own gang, we'll be happy to curate a customised Travel Plan for you!
6. 5% GST Extra.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing